Howdie there! This is Rose’s sister, Ro, and I will be bringing you some delicious, healthy and easy treats for as long as my attention span can withstand.
2 cup of strawberries (cut into fourths)
2 cup of blueberries
1/4 cup of sugar
2 leaves of mint
1 pack of empanada dough
2 tablespoon of butter
Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Set the stove to low and pour the strawberries, blueberries and sugar into a skillet.
- Cook the fruits in the pan for 5 minutes and stir frequently.
- After the fruits have been caramelized, let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Lay the dough flat on a plate and place one tablespoon of the caramelized fruits in the middle of the dough then fold the dough in half to close it.
- Seal the edges of the dough by pressing the fork tines diagonally on the edge of the dough
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Grease the pan with a cooking spray. Then melt the butter by putting it in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Brush the butter on the dough (hands are welcome since the butter isn’t too hot!)
- Place the dough in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown
- Let it cool for 5 minutes then serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup and the leftover caramelized fruits
Voila! Enjoy this yummy, easy, cheap-ish dessert with yo’ friends.